Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day #9 Learning and encouraging

Reflections:
Yesterday was a great day. I had a handful of other people asking about this diet. It's kinda hard to start talking about this, but at the same time, the people I've talked with are challenged and truly interested. I'm glad to pass on this info, because I truly believe in it!

I think I've come to the end of detox! Though it's been SUPER fun going through that (actually it really hasn't been too bad), I'm glad it's over. They say detox last different amounts of time for different people. I think I was over it this past weekend some time.

This diet is totally doable. There is some discipline involved. Raw food takes some serious time to prepare...even shakes take time, but surrounding yourself with encouragement, the right tools and always have some nuts or fruit at arms link will make things much easier! After we grocery shop, Barb prepares all the veggies then. When a carrot is peeled, it's easy to grab it and go. When things are separated, all you have to do is mix and match to make a quick salad or shake or whatever.

Meals:
I probably haven't mentioned this much to this point, but I'm drinking a gallon or two each day of h2o. That's a staple of the diet. I went cold turkey on pop Nov. 1st (my birthday ironically enough) and haven't touched one since. I was having some serious caffeine in take, and chemical trash, because it was always diet. For breakfast, I have been doing fruit and usually a smoothie a little later. Lunch is nearly always a salad of some sort. The key is to switch up the veggies and dressing. That helps keep it "unique". Dinner is usually the wild card meal. Some times it's snacking on fruits and vegetables, other times its half a salad with some other stuff. I try to keep it different every time. So far Barb has done a great job of switching things up, so I don't get bored!

Weight:
I've decided that I'm going to just weigh in every Friday. I'm still losing weight, but that will allow me to see bigger gains and also keep me from obsessing over weight. In the future if you are curious about my weight, click on Fridays.

Links:
Today's link is from youtube. It's a slow, gentle, "how to start raw food diet" video. She's not a doctor, but there's some good logical thought on it.

Scripture:
Today's scripture is:
Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred. Proverbs 15:17

No comments:

Post a Comment