Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day #16 Weigh day

Reflections:
Welp, I'm learning a lot on this diet. It takes guts, determination and perhaps most importantly, it takes a great attitude! The raw 30 day challenge talked a lot about attitude, but I didn't think much about it. I'm realizing it's important not only for yourself, but especially those around you. This diet in a lot of senses can "break someone" and really cause you to get cranky or irritable! I've tried hard to keep my spirits up through all this and have a positive out look on it all. I'm reminded that God is good and we are so blessed and that really helps keep my spirits up!!!

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm considering this more and more as a "way of life" rather than a diet! I want to eat as much fruits and veggies as possible. I know there will be times when "eating health" won't be very possible, but I want to try to eat as good as I can as often as I can...even when I start cooking and eating meat again! Vegan is a challenge, but maintaining my health is so much more important to me now!

Weight:
Well, our scale needs to be tested, but I weighed 255 lbs. That's 10 lbs in about 16 days. I'm happy I've lost, but I had hoped for more. I suppose I need to go easier on the avocados and nuts! They are so good and make the diet a lot easier, but they are also full of fat! Even if it's "good/natural" fat, it will still put the pounds on!

Meals:
Since we are out a lot, this diet is a definite challenge. I haven't cheated at all, but I've probably had "too much" of the nuts and avocados! I have done tons of fruit as well and even though the diet says all the veggies and fruit you want, I'm beginning to start wondering. Perhaps I'm overdoing the fruit :) I guess in the end I'm losing, my clothes are getting a little more loose and I feel good! Those are all good motivations!!

Scripture:
 12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. John 13:12-17

Exercise:
Barb actually went with me this morning! I was glad she went walking with me. It's always good to have a workout buddy! Tuesday/Thursday, I'm trying to just walk. Monday/Wednesday/Friday, I'm trying to do a round of upper body and then get in at least 30 min of walking. I probably need to up my walking, b/c today I signed Barb and I up for a 5k (Turkey Trot) on Thanksgiving Day! It will be a good challenge and promises to be another step towards better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment