Monday, November 8, 2010

Day #8 "It's just another manic Monday!"

Reflections:
Yesterday wasn't as hard as I thought! I'm learning to find new "pleasures" in things other than pot roast and then sitting around for hours afterward moaning about how full I feel. I spent a little time catching up on FB w/friends. I got to study some and just mess around in general! I'm kinda starting to feel like "this is normal", although some people have called it "wird" (weird). I'm actually pretty excited to get over the "hump". I cheated yesterday, but I'm not sure that the Lord's Supper really counts :)

However, I think my weight loss is slowing some...it could be that I went fruit heavy and ate whatever (in the diet limits) I wanted at any time I wanted. There are those (Dr.) who recommend (even in this diet) you eat 3 times a day. The between times is when the body heals and can burn fat. If the body is not using all its energy digesting, it can spend more energy healing. That's part of the reason why diabetics can't heal well. The body is trying to put out too many fires at once. Stomach fat also limits insulin from the pancreas. Wounds continue to worsen, b/c the body is still trying to figure out the insulin thing and other issues.

We are going grocery shopping today and I'm looking forward to that! We have run out of fruit and I NEED some more avocados :) Avocado has become my new life source! It's great on salads and I even love it on celery with salt. It's funny what you begin to like when you get rid of all that junk. The truth is, God has made some pretty darn good tasting foods. We have just ruined so much of it with chemicals and so many other things!

Meals:
Yesterday, I had a shake for breakfast. Sorry, I didn't write it down and I don't remember, what was in the thing, but it was good. For lunch we had salad. We always have a lot of fruits and vegetables on it. I can't get pictures to work, but I will hopefully get an album up on FB soon enough if you're interested! For dinner I went when raw oatmeal (soaked over night), with granola (dehydrated) from the health store, raw honey and

Weight:
258.2 lbs

Scripture:
I thought this would be kinda funny and hoped you would get a kick out of it:

1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2 One man’s faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
Romans 14 niv
I knew it was bound to come up, so I thought I would throw it out there first and get it over with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment