Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #4 Going forward

Reflections:
I some how made it through the "test" last night on stew and this morning there was fruit on the breakfast table, so I passed both of those "outside" challenges! I have yet to be mocked...too much, but the more I think about things, the more it seems to fall into place. I was remembering the story of Daniel with Barb last night! It's a great illustration that God's plan works. I did make the mistake (some how, b/c I still haven't figured out how we got off on this) of getting the health food store lady started on American food...a half an hour later, she still had a few MORE things to say. Hopefully my face wasn't disrespectful...I had just come out of two VERY LONG meetings and was literally tired!

I went to bed really tired last night around 11 p.m. and woke up on my own a little after 6 a.m. My alarm was suppose to go off at 5 a.m., but I changed it apparently. I was still amazed that I just woke up after 7 hours of sleep. Usually, I would have wanted another couple more!

Links:
I dug around and found dozens of raw food links. I will share those with you over the weeks to come. Today I wanted to share with you a video about the 30 day challenge. I haven't watched it yet, but I have heard this Dr. Fuhrman before and he's got a lot of good logical stuff to say.

Meals:
As I mentioned before, I received my mom's ability to be really boring when it comes to what we eat. She's famous for her fat free cottage cheese and apples and I'm becoming famous for my salads. Barb has done a good job trying to mix it up a little. I have eaten quite a bit of nuts and a few dehydrated things, but for the most part it's been tons of greens and fruit. Breakfast was 3 bananas, half a cantaloupe, 1/2 a gallon of water and some raw peanuts...not the best, but pretty OK. When I say "breakfast", I'm talking more from 8 a.m. til 11 a.m., because I never really stopped eating :) For lunch I'm sure I'll have a salad and probably the same for dinner. It's important to put different fruits and veggies on eat time to kinda change it up! I also often add chopped nuts or Barb makes me a salsa to put on it or something.

Dreams:
I think my current biggest dream is just health and that starts with my hip! It is NOT healing and that's getting frustrating. I need a new bed!!!

I had said this was JUST for 30 days, but I'm realizing that though MEAT is in my near future, I do want to eat a lot less canned food, processed sugar and other man made stuff that has been killing me for so many years! I look forward to the day that my habits have changed and I'm disciplined enough to make better eating choices. To this point it's been some what of a challenge!

Weight:
Oh yeah, I weighed 261 lbs this morning. For those of you who are counting, that's over 4 lbs in 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment