Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day #30 I did it!

Reflections:
What a month! My birthday, Thanksgiving and even our anniversary (today 14th!!!) were ALL in this month. This use to be a time to eat and "party" (with food), but I learned a lot about myself and a lot about self discipline! It's so amazing what can be done when you put your mind to it! I've had countless people say, "I could never do that!" to me all this month. The reality is they could, their own mind might defeat them, but they could. It's just a matter of putting your mind to something. This month was the EASY part...now it's back to "normal" eating and that's where the challenge lies. I've got to balance my life better. Barb and I are training for a 5k New Year's day! I'm really excited about that, and I think that's gonna help motivate us to really stay strong and be disciplined!

This challenge started out to help someone else, but in the end, obviously, I was the one that TOTALLY benefited from it! I learned about will power. I learned about strengthen and discipline. I learned that motivation is a huge factor and perhaps the most important factor in any endeavor is your mind! Your own mind controls it all. I lost some weight. I found out that I can accomplish great things! Challenges and goals need to be an important part of my life! If I don't have something I'm working toward or something I'm trying to accomplish, I will just float through life. Steven Covey was right...set goals and review them often! If you don't have a plan, you plan to fail!

Weight:
Well, as of this morning, I'm still 253 lbs. 12 lbs in a month is nothing to frown at and most importantly, I'm healthier! I have cleaned out my system and now the challenge is to eat more natural and stay away from the toxins!
Links:
30 days of eating raw vegan food is the name of the album of my food journal on facebook. I tried to take a picture of everything I ate. There were times I ate nuts (raw, allowed on the diet) that I forgot to take a picture of, but almost all the times I sat down to eat this month, I photographed it! It's been fun taking pictures and logging all I put into my use-to-be cake hole :)

Scripture:
I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
Phil. 4:13 the msg

No comments:

Post a Comment