Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day #13 "Unlucky?"

Reflections:
Unlucky? Not for me! I'm super excited that I'm almost at the 2 week mark. The 1st week was R-O-U-G-H, but this 2nd week has flown by. It's had it's challenges too, but I'm gonna make it! Week 2 had it's definite challenges though! We were out of the house nearly all day Thursday. It's hard to eat raw when you aren't at home. That same day, we went to school to "eat" with the kids. They had Turkey, gravy, green beans, biscuits and even pumpkin pie...we had an apple :) It's all good though. We knew this would be a hard time of year to do this and we knew we would need to make good preparations to make this happen! Winter in west Texas is not the easiest place to eat healthy, but if you make good choices and stay on your toes, it's still doable!

Meals:
This is becoming more and more of a challenge! I'm starting to get tired of salad and even...AVOCADOS!!! I know, I know, it was my fav, but I think I'm getting burned out! We have been doing some juices and a lot of fruit. I think that is the key for me right now. Just switch it up and soon enough I will want some more salad. Barb has struggled some, but she has been such an awesome help for me! She keeps everything peeled and cut up. That's another key. Have something ready ahead of time. I have been snacking on carrots, and raw nuts alot. I try to do different things, but keep greens involved somehow. Ok, yesterday I finally tried the "raw spaghetti" recipe I found on youtube and it tasted...raw :) I thought it was pretty alright. I think if the sauce would have been cooked, it would have been a lot easier! The "noodles" were shredded zucchini. Actually that part wasn't too bad. I just don't like raw tomatoes much and that's a problem when you make raw spaghetti. If you want the recipe just look at youtube or post a comment and I will pass it on. Also, I have a picture of it typed out on facebook.

Scripture:
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.  Romans 12:1-2 msg

Exercise:
This week was my 1st week to try to incorporate exercise. It works out perfect, because Mase has to be at school around 7:30 a.m. for basketball. The school has an awesome indoor gym that FREE!!!! I did the treadmill a couple of times this week and also did 3 rounds (twice this week) of upper body on the machines. Good stuff! I feel good and I'm excited about seeing results in the spring! Obviously there are some quick, short term results already, but the real ones will come in the spring.

Links:
I wanted to share this link, because it has a lot of good articles and helpful tips. I also wanted to share a funny one. Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment