Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day #2 Buying and preparing

Reflections:
Day 1 was a good day. The most important thing about yesterday was the fact that it was my birthday and I have NEVER limited myself on my birthday! It was always a "free for all" in every sense, but for the 1st time ever, I decided I would give myself the gift of health more than anything else!

That being said, this is the WORST time to start a Raw Diet! Fall is here, winter is coming and greens and free fruits are going to be really hard to come by and super expensive :) Not to worry, we will find a way.

I didn't get up at 5 a.m., because I had a headache. I felt like (not being lazy...honest), since I'm going through detox, rest would be needed and important. I will try to get to bed a little earlier tonight, so I will be able to get up earlier tomorrow.

My will power is strong, I'm really not hungry and I feel a refreshed since of purpose and I feel like I finally "get it"! This is not a fad, this is not a pill, it's not UNhealthy like a lot of diets and it's even the diet God gave everyone prior to the Ark! I doubt I will become a full fledged vegetarian, but I have been made very aware that greens is super important for my nutrition and health!

Meals:
Yesterday I started off with a shake. Now, I won't call the little girl that worked there names, but she didn't really understand what we wanted! There was SUGAR in the smoothie and we never saw her peel a banaana (either she jipped us or it was a "flavoring"). Though the morning was kinda blown with that one, I still felt good about making better choices! Lunch was an awesome salad with all kinds of stuff on it from a health food place in Midland. Dinner (pictured below) was a salad with greens, veggies, seeds (all raw) and the like. Barb made a blueberry dressing. Strong on the olive oil, but good all the same!

Weight:
I didn't weigh yesterday, but I have been as high as 350 lbs in 2001/2002. Today I weighed 265.6 lbs. I will try to keep you posted on this as frequent as possible. Though weight is not the real issue here, I would like to fit in my clothes better :)

Chiropractor:
Today Barb and I went to the chiropractor, because my hip is super jacked up! He's actually the one who turned me on to all this stuff. His name is Marcus and is a pretty cool guy. He's trying to help us get started in all this and giving us tips and points. As much as I hate my hip problem and as desperate as it has made me feel at times, I'm thankful that it led me to Marcus! He was a great encouragement to both Barb and I and I know he will be a continued source of information in this learning process!

Thanks for checking in! Things seem to be going good and I'm looking forward to checking my number with a doctor at the end of the month! I'm praying and working toward a healthier me...for my God, my family and everyone I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment