Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day #20 Weekends are STILL hard!

Reflections:
I love weekends even though I'm now busier than EVER! The only thing is that I usually "party" Friday night, some times Saturday night too. Party = EAT!!! Usually that's not a "healthy little snack"! That's pigging out on whatever I want. For the last couple of weekends I have had to really discipline myself. I didn't start this diet as "cheat" on Friday night and then work it off Saturday. Of course Sunday is HARD. After preaching, we have come home to a roast or some other AWESOME Barbara dish over the last couple of months. Now I come home to...a salad :) Oh how things change! When I decided I would do 30 days raw, I committed to myself, I made it known publicly (so my pride would keep me going if nothing else) and I committed it to prayer. God has been faithful to give me strengthen to do this!

These kind of experiences really teach you a lot about yourself. You learn what things you can and can't handle, you learn about your weakness and you especially learn how you "compensate"! I have learned that exercise has become my "addiction" in place of food. That is a good thing, but I've also learned that there are other things that I'm not so proud of now. One of those things is judging others. It's super hard for me not to think "why don't you just suck it up and do what it takes". I'm reminded of Jesus saying "do not judge". Three words, very simple, but very complex to do some times!

I'm feeling good and proud that I'm almost done. I feel unbeatable, but I still have to get over Thanksgiving! When I get past Thanksgiving I will be GOLDEN!!! I've watched my family eat things I wanted, I've even gone to a restuarant or two and ordered water. As long as I'm prepared and determined...I can do this!

Quote of the day:
"You are what you eat!"
Scripture:
 1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
   You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
      you find me quiet pools to drink from.
   True to your word,
      you let me catch my breath
      and send me in the right direction.

 4 Even when the way goes through
      Death Valley,
   I'm not afraid
      when you walk at my side.
   Your trusty shepherd's crook
      makes me feel secure.

 5 You serve me a six-course dinner
      right in front of my enemies.
   You revive my drooping head;
      my cup brims with blessing.

 6 Your beauty and love chase after me
      every day of my life.
   I'm back home in the house of God
      for the rest of my life.
Psalm 23 the message

Link:
Here's some good recipes you can try. Good luck and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment