Friday, November 5, 2010

Day #5 Eye opening

Reflections:
The last day or two has been challenging and kinda hard! Challenging because of the lifestyle we live in Knott. Time goes by fast and there seems to be so much to do even during the "down times"! Most church activities in the states revolve around food...often cheap and unhealthy! Since I'm the only minister at Knott, I'm involved in nearly every activity of the church, therefore I'm constantly surrounded by pizza, dessert and the like. I'm not some guy up in the mountains of colorado or in california growing my own veggies and living an extreme vegan lifestyle. That being said, winter in West Texas does pose an obvious challenge to any "would be" raw dieters! It's all good though. We do have a health food store there in Big Spring. We are able to get fruits and veggies at HEB and "the" Walmart. It's a challenge, but we are learning so much about good health and nutrition. Again, there are extremist out there, I'm not one of them, but I do realize that my health has been bad, I've struggled with my weight all my life and this is something I've never tried.

Meals:
 Breakfast was great, although a little too sweet! I had a bowl of organic raw oatmeal (more on this in a minute), a banana, dehydrated granola and honey over the top. Natural raw honey is VERY sweet, so I learned this morning, it only take a dab to make it sweet. Now, you might be asking, "how in the world are you eating RAW oatmeal? Don't you have to cook it?" Yes, typically you do, but you can also soak it in water for about 24 hrs and it will become soft like cooked oatmeal. Good stuff, believe it or not!

Links:
This video is pretty amazing. If you are a sceptic beware. He will say some things that you might not like and he will open up your eyes to some things. There seems to be some logical thought in a lot of his answers, but there's so much to consider in all this stuff.

Weight:
I have mentioned this before, but it's really not about the weight. My "health numbers" (i.e. cholestral, blook sugar, blood pressure, etc) are my biggest concern. That being said, this morning at 7:30 a.m. I weighed 259.8.

Final word:
I've decided to post on Facebook only once a week. Though some might think I've dropped, Barb and I are still going strong. I just don't want to "push" people too much or offend or hurt feelings. This lifestyle is much more than just another diet, it challenges our (Americans) very way of life and most people don't like to be challenge that much. That's why I've been overweight and unhealthy for nearly my WHOLE life!

No comments:

Post a Comment