Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day #25 Turkey Trot

Up at 6:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving day and you ask why? NO! It's not for a sale or to get the turkey started. I'm super excited, because I'm doing my 1st turkey trot! Yes, it's called "turkey trot" and it's a 5k on the west side of FTW. According to my sister, there's literally THOUSANDS of people that do this. I'm not sure how accurate her numbers are, but she claims as many as 25,000! The current temperature outside is in the 50's and it's starting to sprinkle! I'm not too excited about getting wet and I'm worried Barb will get sick, but we are gonna go for it all the same. If it's just pouring we might not be able to once we get there, but we are driving there and we will see once we get over there. It doesn't actually start til 8:30, but I want to warm up really well and I've heard the parking and lines are madness!

I've had a cup of water and 2 bananas this morning for breakfast. I have a back pack full of bananas, oranges and a raw trail mix. I know lunch won't be too bad, but dinner is what really concerns me! It's Thanksgiving and there will be turkey and all the really good stuff, but I do feel renewed. I watched the raw 30 day challenge again last night and it reminded me why I'm doing this. Food just isn't all it's cracked up to be. I want to be thankful for the right reasons and take better care of my body.

It's time to head to west FTW, so I will post something when we get back.

AWESOME time!!! Barb did great and it was a LOT of fun! There were THOUSANDS...Bootsie was right :) It rained on the way there in the car, but thank the Lord it didn't while we walked. It was really cold and dropped down into the high 30's. Great way to start Turkey day. I will give you updates when the day is over and tell you how I did.

The day went well. I didn't cheat! I had a special pie made by Bootsie and bought by Andy. It was apple and was awesomeness! Great day, proud to have resisted even though I wasn't really tempted, the broccoli rice casserole sounded REALLY GOOD! I made it and today was the day I was concerned...I made it baby!
p.s. there's lots of pics on FB of our thxgvg day!

No comments:

Post a Comment