Monday, November 1, 2010

Day #1 Getting Started

As many of you know, November 1st is the greatest day of the year...it's my birthday! Barb and I decided to forgo the whole cake, lasagna and general gorging ourselves for a change in health.

Quick Recent History:
I've struggled with my health for a long time. I have nearly ALWAYS been overweight and I have lost some weight here and there, but never really had the proper motivation for true success. Earlier their year, January/February 2010, I was passing out. I was loosing my mind and scared my health would quickly go down hill. I began to eat better, a friend recommended a nutritionist and we were off on a better path! My family and I moved back from Mexico (six years in Leon, GTO) and our life became a out of control emotional rollercoaster! We had a lot of dissapointments, let downs and frustrations, but God finally guided us to a little bitty nada out in West Texas called Knott. I would call it a town, but between the name and size, well, you get the point! The people of this town have blessed us greatly! The kids have found friends and loved living here. Barb was a little concerned about being so far from the city, but was thankful to be in a place that she knew would be good for her family. In all that moving, traveling and horrible BEDS, my left hip got really jacked up. I heard about a chiropractor in Big Spring (B. S.) and started going to him a couple of times a week. Over time we have become friends...even on Facebook (FB)! I was checking out his life and ran accross an interesting article on his wall and that's where this story begins:

The Reason:
Now mock me if you must and if you are not interested, you will quickly leave and that will be the end, although you might just suddenly gain interest in 30 days! What I didn't tell you about the "passing out" stuff is that my blood pressure was 160/120! My cholestoral was over the limit and my health was just poor all the way around! My chiropractic friend turned me on to a documentary about 6 diabetics. Now I don't currently have diabeties, but it's in my family and I've seen others suffer from it. A shot a day was just NOT appealing to me, so I decided to do something about it.

The Cure:
I clicked on this link http://www.rawfor30days.com/index4.html. I begin to learn about a way of eating that I had literally NEVER heard of and watched a video about how 6 people were cured of a disease, NOT by medicine, but by food! I bought the dvd's and have become MORE convienced as I watched this story unfold. My wife and I have bought books and a juicer. We have had some success at "looking better" (weight loss), but now we want to feel better and change our life habits. Our kids are struggling with their weight at a young age. We don't want that to happen. We want to see them graduate college, get married and enjoy grandbabies. I see young children pushing their parents around in wheel chairs in the stores and it's not anymore than poor nutrition. Take a moment to notice who's in wheel chairs and those carts nowadays. It's not little old fragile ladies any more. I can't change the world, but my wife and I have decided that we can change ourselves! He's to starting, not a diet, but a new way of life! cya tomorrow!

p.s.Picture to come asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment