Monday, October 1, 2012

Sept 11, 2012 to Sept 30th

START DAY September 11th:
Barb got me started again on "RAW" diet. I started at 291 lbs. Within the first couple of days I started dropping pounds quick. Had Red Mesa Fajita chicken salad 17th &  Talapia and salad there 21st. Friday night I had a little cottage cheese.

Sept 22 "Starting back to moving a little more"
went for an hour walk today. Felt really good. Gave me an opportunity to think and consider goals.  Weigh 283 lbs this morning. 

Physical goals
1. don't eat after 8 p.m.
2. workout 5 hours a week - walking and pumping iron
3. salad or grilled chicken only when we eat out
4. add a minute of jogging each workout on the treadmill
5. No sugar
6. journal each day
7. Lose an average of 3 lbs a week 

256 lbs is the goal by Thanksgiving!!!
245 lbs is my goal by the time we leave for Mexico!!!

Sept 23 "day off"
weighted 282.2 lbs this morning
hips hurt pretty bad. maybe I need to lower my # on the bed?

Sept. 24 Started back strong
1st day back to the gym. 5 min WU on treadmill, 23 min on Elliptical 3/7 intervals, 5 min CD on treadmill
Weighed 281 lbs 1st thing in the morning.
Weighed 279.6 lbs after dump and workout. 
I'll take the average and say my renewed commitment weight on the journey is 280 lbs!   
Meal:
I had an egg over medium on a piece of Ezekiel toast for breakfast. 
Lunch was a salad w/orange and honey dressing.
Pear, half of a raw bar for "dinner"

Pants are starting to loosen up. Good start and excited about what God has in store for the near future! 

Quote of the day:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." ~ Aristotle

Day in review:
Good day! Got up early and exercised. Came home and finished my sermon and texted to encourage a couple of people. Late lunch w/Barb. Visited Bobby and Judy. Talked to the kids a bit about the day. Everyone had a good one. Madi is feeling a little sick @ her stomach. Seems to be going around. Went to Ackerly meeting. Gave my 8 version Bible to Alison and she really liked it. Levi had a great message. Cara T told us how great Mase was and all the kids he helps. Mrs. Grumbles told us that KC is great w/ Zack. Everyone was really glad we came and encouraged to see us1
Hungry, but got home at 8:30 and decided it was too late to eat. I'll have a great breakfast tomorrow. Til then...

Sept 25
Good start! Up early and not that tired. I went to bed SUPER hungry, but really didn't get up that hungry. 

Workout:
5 WU on tread
20 m tread on level 4 and finished running 1 min on 5.0
10 on Elip 3/7 interval  
CD walked a lap around the track

Meals:
I ate a peach and a banana on the way out the door. Had 1 liter of water while working out.
got home to a shake w/blueberries, peaches, canteloupe and a few other fruits. Almond milk and 3 packs of truvia 
Lunch was caldo w/ veggies no chicken
1/2 a pumpkin raw bar
a few apples, a banana 
i didn't eat anything after about 6:30 b/c of the ackerly meeting. not ideal, but made a goal of not eating after 8 so I didn't.

Sept 26
Didn't really "want to" workout today, but I sure didn't want to come home and eat or go back to bed. In the moment the body says let's just come tomorrow, but the mind pushes through and in the end if the goals win over the sometimes lazy desires, success is present!!!

Weight:
I "cheated" a little today, b/c I wanted to make sure I'm still on track. So, I weighed. I was pleasantly surprised to see 277.6 lbs staring back at me. I really should be more disciplined and let that be my Monday morning excitement to wake me up and get me going, but I see it there by the toilet every time I go. I guess it was good this time, but I'm going to try really hard to wait and from here on out just weigh on Mondays.

Today I'm finally getting closer to working out an hr a week day:
WO:
5 WU
30 elip
15 tread 4.0
2 tread 5.0
5 CD

Meal:
I also told myself I would allow an egg and toast every Monday morning, but HUMP day is kinda feeling hard. My stomach is begging for food and I'm going to have lunch with the kids, so I want to be plenty full! I had an apple and banana already and since we are out of salad...egg w/Ezekiel bread it is :)
for lunch i had a raw revolution bar (chocolate crave). its now 4:30 eating two bowls of caldo (no chicken), carrots, corn, shredded squash, salsa, limes & salt 

Sept 27th
Still on a roll! Got to sleep in a little today, so that was nice. The down side is I got started in the gym later, but I still nearly got in my hour and I'm well on my way to make my goal of 5 hours a week! Lots to do today!!! Gotta finish up some school stuff, finish my Sunday pm sermon and maybe even start looking at sermons for Oct 14th or even week 6 for school.

WO:
5 WU
25  tread 4.0
3 tread 5.0
15 elip 3/7 interval 
5 CD

Evening WO:
5 WU
25 tread 4.0
15 elip 3/7
7 tread 5.0
5 CD

Meals:
Started out great w/ a super good blueberry, banana and almond milk shake
Lunch was a strawberry salad, 1 ham stuffed wrap w/ a laughing cow(100 calories 4 just the wrap), half of another just the same.
1/2 pack of roasted peanuts

Sept 28 Crazy lazy day! 
Woke up to tons of rain and it was still going. After the late night workout, I decided that the gym was NOT calling my name this morning. Not sure if I'll make it up 2mrw or later in the day? Slept til like 11! Everything feels ok, just really tired.

Meals:
Banana, blueberry shake
foot long chicken teriyaki subway
half a tub of cottage cheese 
2 slices of pepperoni pizza
TOTAL WENT OUT OF CONTROL STARTING AT LUNCH!!!
I'm back on track and I'm going to do better tomorrow. This was not my weekend and most of it was emotional. I think I need to run to the gym when problems arise. I really need a better plan for when hard times comes. I let too little bug me too much! 

WO:
NADA!!!

Sept 29:
No workout, lots of office time, daddy date with Chippy, Carla Blagrave surprise party, so overall....pretty good day!

Meals:
Blueberry, berry shake
Footlong blackforest ham
did NOOOOTTTTT eat all the awesome bar b q @ the Blagrave party!!!
cup of fat free cottage

WO:
NADA!!!

Sept 30
Good morning. Good class, divided into men and women. Played pictionary to start and then talked about being good husbands and wives. Preached on "Forgiveness is..." to finish the series "Breaking the Cycle"

Meals:
shake w/ strawberries, bananas, almond milk and honey.
Salad for lunch

WO: "Road Work"
5 min WU
30 min to turn around point
28.5 min back (jogged a little)
5 min CD




Code grid:
WU - warm up
CD - cool down
each number under WO - workout equals a minute 
Elip - Elliptical machine 
Tread - Treadmill 
4.0, 5.0, etc is the level on the treadmill 
3/7 inter - interval setting on the elliptical machine
Shake for dinner














No comments:

Post a Comment