Friday, November 9, 2012

Nov 9th Thxgvg @ SANDS

Had a pretty awesome morning (as you can see from the picture at the bottom)! Got a good jog in, had a good breakfast and prayer time with Barb. Now in the office trying to get the bulletin sent and do a couple of quick things before we head up to the school to eat a "thanksgiving meal" @ the SANDS cafeteria. I'm exactly 13 days away from race day! I'm getting pumped. Still trying to decide what to do. I don't want to leave Barb, but I'm pretty sure she won't be able to keep pace. I guess I'll find out in time. I better get back to work. Until then...

Meals:
Breakfast shake
Turkey and green beans
Raw meal shake
popcorn & coke zero @ fball game
popcorn @ the house

Workout: all treadmill
Today I set a new record of 32 min @ 2.85 miles. I was cruising along good...really about worn out and ALMOST ready to quit, but I had just enough left in me to finish 3 miles and set my new record. I was pushing myself knowing I had 2 days off coming and that I could finally have a good idea of what I could run the 5K @. Then the stupid machine QUIT! It's like someone pulled the plug. Oh the irony.
Over all the following is what I did get done:
5 min warm up
12 min @ 4.5
8 min @ 5.0
12 min @ 5.5
5 min cool down

photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment